Thursday, February 16, 2012

finally :)

今天,我心中的那块大石终于落下了!最近一个星期,我的日子几乎可以用步步惊心里的一句台词来形容, 那就是‘长期忧虑和恐惧’。
I finally got the burden off my chest today! For the past one week, I had been conditioning myself just for today to make sure I give my best performance. To ease anxiety, I had a banana for breakfast. But in actual fact, my tummy is suffering from cramps after some abs training on Tuesday, there are probably a dozen butterflies in my stomach this morning but I couldn't feel any due to the cramps. I was the first to arrive at the scholarship department, was given a updated list of positions to review my choices. I was the second to be interviewed. The first girl wore an outfit which reassemble a typical korean girl. She was quite vocal and she made the interviewers laugh during her time inside there. This added on to my stress level. When it was my turn, I went in and faced a panel of 8. Hello, 8 people in a row all eyes on me, 8 pairs of eyes to be exact. I know I am out-numbered. What could be worse than this right? I kindof anticipated this scenario and it didn't appear too scary to me la, though there were 4 officers in their police uniform. The one who interviewed me was the head of admin and logistics at the spf. She was quite friendly, in my opinion. I did made them laugh too, with some help from the HR people sitting by the side. This is one interview which I go in facing the panel, feeling well prepared and at ease with the atmosphere. Of course, I did my homework too la, writing down all the possible questions that I would be asked and doing research online everynight. All these hardwork paid off. I applied the 3 second rule and I was able to answer whatever they asked. I feel so good after the session. In the past, whenever I walk out after an interview, I would know whether I can make it or not, based on gut feeling la. This is the first time that I walked out NOT having the feeling of 'oh shit, I think I am not going to make it'. Although there were times where I misused 1 or 2 words, but I think overall, they could see that I am well-prepared, 3 sec rule! Haha. I am now waiting for the good news of a possible round 2.

Going for NLP course tmr, trade fair and grassroots event next week! I am excited! :)

Nights ~

No comments: