Thursday, February 2, 2012

Jan in a flash

This January was jam packed with so events and celebrations, at least for me. Started the year off with a new job and my office was awesome. I was told that there is no worries for resources, quality is more important here. Well, I am learning the ropes and now its Feb! Time really flies! Special thanks to 3 groups of people. Thanks to my jungle friends (2 piglets, a cow and a frog) for a cosy but terrifying(being constantly alert of whoever who comes into the restaurant) steamboat dinner. Seriously, why must Cheng choose a frog to represent him among all animals?!?!? Thanks to my junior college mates who took the effort to meet-up despite our busy schedules! Wild honey's all-day breakfast was really good. Haha! I will never forget the things we talked about that night - dragon babies, medical forum and broken chinese! :D Thanks to my gffs who met up with me for my birthday dinner in mid-jan! My life would have been different without you girls!

Chinese new year came really fast this year, exactly one month after christmas! Reunion dinner as usual this year but it started late because uncle went to Malaysia in the afternoon to unlock the factory door for his friend who has forgotten to bring his keys out with him. Grandma wasn't too happy about that. This year, we had one abalone each to ourselves! Grandma has been telling us about that weeks before the dinner and she really mean it! Being the eldest in the family, she went around distributing to everyone of us. BBQ-ing abalone was an inpromptu idea. Out of creativity, some itchy hands placed their abalone on the hot plate and oh-la! It turned out to be quite delicious! We had a game of mahjong after dinner. It rained heavily this year and we didn't get to go to our neighbouring temple to pray at the auspicious hour. At around 2am, mum, sis and sis's bf went to Chinatown to grab all the goodies they could. I helped Grandma with the cooking of the vegetarian curry for our guests coming to visit our place that day. Bro was already snorning away on the sofa. I was so tired that I drove dad's car back home at the early hours of dawn. This year, I wore red on the first day! Daring huh? Ya, I bet this is the only day in the whole year that anyone will see me wearing a bright red dress. I kind of like it though :) New year visits are so fun and enjoyable, well, enjoy the gossip parts, not the questiong part where adults always like to ask about things like whether we are working or not? have a partner or not? when you getting married? etc etc etc.... a whole long list man! Angbao money kind of shrink as we grow older, don't know why... But that's okay. I like catching up with relatives and of course, my teachers, its a yearly affair afterall :)

Grandma almost fainted yesterday night due to skipping meals. Omg. She thinks that she is getting younger. So naughty! I will be staying with her for the next one week or so till she gets better. Hope that things will go well for us!

Nights everyone!

No comments: